Self-sanitizing UV Door Handle – Better Hygiene & Protection
In 2003, SARS break out in Hong Kong infected thousands, and killed hundreds of people. The importance of public health became a prime concern for everyone. The growing need to protect the public against SARS, MERS, Foot and Mouth Disease, and Candida Auris became vital.
It was around this time that the self-sanitizing door handle was created to prevent those infectious diseases from spreading to every home. Now that we are amid the global crisis of COVID19. It is high time that we install a self-sanitizing door handles at every public place, including malls, restaurants, and schools.
What is a Self-sanitizing UV Door Handle?
A Self-sanitizing door handle is a door handle sanitizes itself to enhance hygiene and prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The light source activates the door handle coating to clean and sterilize.
What does a self-sanitizing UV door handle do?
A self-sanitizing UV door handle protects you against viruses after each use.
How does a self-sanitizing UV door handle work?
- A custom-designed generator provides electricity to light up a UV LED lamp.
- The motion of the door lights up the UV Lamp inside the transparent glass door handle.
- UV light activates the coating of TiO2 on the outer surface of the handle.
- Advanced photocatalytic (TiO2 film) coating decomposes bacteria on the surface.
- The light source activates the door handle coating to clean and sterilize.
- Then, the door handle can sterilize and clean by itself.
Benefits of a self-sanitizing UV door handle.
- Simple design
- Not harmful to the human body.
- high durability
- cleans up itself after each use
- Restricts the proliferation of infection by contact
Who should use a self-sanitizing UV door handle?
Each public establishments and personal workspaces across the world must take advantage of the self-sanitizing door handles for the safety of the public.
- shopping malls
- public toilets with a higher risk to spread out infections.
Who designed the self-sanitizing UV door handle?
The idea was introduced by the college students Sum Ming Wong and Kin Pong Li from The Chinese University. They also gained several awards for their innovative idea for public health safety.
- Elevator Pitch Competition 2018
- Tech Trend Winner
- The 66th Intel International Science and Engineering Fair Grand Award for Second Place in Materials Science
- The 44th International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva Gold Award
- Hong Kong Youth Science & Technology Innovation competition Most Outstanding Exhibit
Earth Day: 5 Modern Products That Give Back to the Planet
It doesn’t matter what is going on on the planet, we nonetheless stay shoppers shopping for up our wants and desires each time it’s potential. However as shoppers, we’ve got the power, and obligation, to attempt to make higher selections when making purchases, from choosing merchandise not made from plastic to supporting firms that make...
Moroso Presents the Multifunctional Taba to Live, Sit, Talk, and Work
With each design honest and occasion shelved for the foreseeable future, Italian furnishings model Moroso simply launched a brand new collaboration with Swiss-Argentinian designer Alfredo Häberli – the Taba assortment – on-line. Häberli created the gathering of multifunctional seating for private and non-private areas as locations to stay, sit, discuss, and work. Taba consists of...
Leave a comment